Killington is CLOSED?!

Despite the rain just beginning, Vespi and I were so ready to go skiing this morning. We had gotten a few inches last evening - a beautiful few inches. We knew the snow would be soft and luscious, full of creamy cheesey wonderful goodness...



But then we went outside and looked at the car.
Even in the dark of the early morning, I could see the thick and solid ice covering the entire car. It felt like two good thick inches, but as I have said before, I am not a high-tech measurer of things. Without a doubt, it would have taken over 30 minutes to break through the delicious shell.
I am not proud to say it, but I took my shells and ski boots back off, hung my backpack up and took my long-johned self back to join the boyfriend & the dog under the toasty warm covers.
When we woke back up an hour later, the rain had graciously eaten through half the ice on my windshield, softening it to the point where we could actually use the scraper. I will say that the car was extremely warm by the time we got into it though.
Unfortunately for the trees, the damage had already been done.
Good Thing Snow is Beautiful in All Its Forms
May You Find the Spirit of the Mountains Within You,
FemaleSkiBum & Vespoli

Comments

Popular Posts