My Big Girl Skis: Blizzard Black Pearl

I woke up this morning totally traumatised by the number of days between the last time I had gone skiing until today - Wednesday was five days ago!


But by this evening, after an afternoon skiing through cream cheesy awesomeness with like a...spring soft snow on the scraped soft places combined with the curd cheese by the tree line...my sanity has been restored.

But I had the big girls skis on today.

We plowed through everything.

Big, powerful half trail wide turns, like a 4/4 classic rhythm.

1-2-3-4. Lead Change. 1-2-3-4. Lead Change. 1-2-3-4.

I so needed a day like this, a non-stop top to bottom day where you regain control of your life by controlling the movements of your body turn after turn while simultaneously losing yourself in the rhythym of the slope.

May You Find the Spirit of the Mountains Within You,
FemaleSkiBum

Comments

Popular Posts