We Have Peace AND Snow!

After months of struggling with the snow gods, we are finally blessed with a wonderful winter storm here in Killington, VT


What started off with an absolutely disgusting morning of hard, solid, firm, yellow snow wanna-be base ended up becoming one of the most wonderous and joyful white-out powder days I've had in a long time.

Starting with Neil Diamonds on the gondola, of course!

And ended with the first legitimate tree skiing of the season!!

I even got snow hitting me in the the knees and thighs - snow was light enou to come up that high! And not just in one wind drifted spot and because I was on my teles...I was making alpine turns and getting lower thigh shots! Oh hell yeah!!

And not just snow in the woods...as soon as it started dumping - it stuck! Even the turn to get to the Glades Triple from Rime was covered with snow. There's not that many days when you can say that.

Winter has truly begun here in Killington

May You Find the Spirit of the Mountains Within You,
FemaleSkiBum

Comments

Popular Posts