Roundabout and Back Again

My dad and I convinced my mother to brave the top half of East Mountain Road to drop us off at the bottom of Falls Brook Trail this evening...




With the dogs running every which way, we slowly made our way up the gradual ascent.



In the background, we could hear the constant flow of the great Falls Brook - it was MUCH smaller than the last time I hiked up this section on the morning of Tropical Storm Irene.



There were definately signs that the crew is out getting ready for the season to come :)



But then other signs that winter is still very much far away :(



There is a great newe view of the brook at the bridge...



...and the scenery around the South Ridge Triple base has a new feel about it as well.



For a little off-road adventure, we opted for both of our first ascents up Roundabout!



Which I was very glad to have postponed until (1) I was with the person with whom I made my first descent and (2) it was fall so all the plant life had receded and the hiking was not purely bushwacking.



As we got to to the top of Bear Mountain, the sun had set and we enjoyed a lovely headlamp guided hike all the way home :)



May You Find the Spirit of the Mountains Within You,
FemaleSkiBum :)

Comments