So...this is what Killington looks like at 7am


As I transition from one lifestyle to another, I find that the only way to breathe the fresh air is to be up and out the door by seven o'clock in the morning.



Those of you who knew me while I was rowing for Colgate University would judge this to be a two hour sleep-in for me. Watching the fog rise out of the valley was definately reminiscent of those 5:45am practices out on Lake Moraine...


But times have changed. And I definately don't have seven other girls depending upon me, waiting eagerely if not sleepily, to put the shell in the ter. This morning, I didn't even have Vespi. It was just me.


and I failed epicly. I am going to blame my continued dehydration from all the hot toddies over the past canoe trip. Light and Quick were two words definately not in my body's vocabulary today.


Plus, I hadn't been up this early in a while and was so caught up in the fog that I really wasn't paying any attention to running anyways.


So, maybe, this was a perfect run. It wasn't about the running, but my surroundings. I was enraptured by the peacefulness of the valley - even though I know that underneath that fog there are people working their asses off to get Vermont back on track.


I know it's a horribly cheezy song, but I have been thinking a lot about Bette Middler's From A Distance. The chorus preaches about how everything looks so beautiful from a distance, that everything is peaceful.


Just like the view from the top of the mountain.


I love Vermont.

Every day as I venture into the woods I am reminded about how beautiful our great state is, where beauty is just around the corner, waiting peacefully to be noticed.


May You Find the Spirit of the Mountains Within You,
FemaleSkiBum :)

Location:Killington, Vermont

Comments

Popular Posts