26 May 2011

It was so hot the past few days that all the water on the trails has evaporated. After three completely dry waterbars on the ascent, the dogs finally found a resting place. You could hear Rippie groaning in delight as he tried to soak up as much water as possible...


Lots of snow on the headwall, right? I don't care what anyone says, and Vespi agrees, Dirty Corn Snow is some of the best skiing there is!


Getting ready for dog treat and water disbursement as we gather for our safety meeting at the summit...


Can you see the black flies swarming all around me? on the back of my neck and in my ears, my eyes, my nose, my mouth...


And this test of my Vibram soled ski boots walking down the runoff tream was cut short by Rippie suddenly realising that he could walk on the rocks and therefore shoved me out of the way and into the stream.


Now that I was cooled down, this was way more fun than walking down the depressingly snowless parts of lower Superstar...



See you on the Mountain,
FemaleSkiBum :)

Location:Skye Peak, Killington, Vermont

Comments