14 May 2011




I was so excited to ski today it was rediculous. Not going yesterday was just eating at me, even though I could barely breathe with lungs full of pollen. But all I could think of yesterday was: what if this was the last good day before the end? what if the rain washes it this week and I will have missed the perfect spring corn snow? Could I have made a little extra effort and suffered through to get through to the wonderfull, the sweet spot?

These are the questions that taunt me every morning as I wake up first thing. There is this great need to participate in each and every variation, every change in terrain, every shift in snow surface for each and every reason. That said, today was a little gross on the way up - the rain had been supposed to start at 1am last night, and twelve hours later it still hadn't started. We were soaked...our shorts, our shirts, our faces.

But as you top out and the breezes embraces you, the sweat, abused feet and hot spots are worth it.

And you go skiing :)


See you in the Woods,
FemaleSkiBum :)

Location:Killington, Vermont

Comments

Popular Posts