Introducing...The Yeti




A little more than a month ago, a girlfriend and teammate of mine messaged me with some wonderful news. For years, we have been searching for a Mad River Independence, a one-man Adirondack style boat that was discontinued when the Stowe Area based company moved to the South under new ownership more than 10 years ago. This had been our unresolved mission since we first laid on eyes on what we have decided was a magic boat.


Well, my teammate had been procrastinating for exams by browseing the web... found an Independence!! And the best part? Having found out the canoe was white, she had already named the newest canoe in the fleet. So two weeks ago, with both Vermont and Saranac, NY full only of frozen water, I drove over to the Adirondacks to check out one of the most beautiful boats I have ever seen :) Although the gunwales are in need of some oily lovin', this hull is as smooth as a baby's bottom...


I have stared at the canoe for the past weeks with only dreams. The Yeti and I have been forced to wait for the parking lots to empy of snow, never mind the ice out.



It was not until today that the Yeti and I were able to meet on the water...

... she is wonderful. **sigh**



See you in the Woods,
FemaleSkiBum :)

Location:Kent Pond, Killington, VT

Comments