OPENING DAY

As Killington Resort makes its final preparations and restless bros wrestly in the liftline, Vespi & I enjoyed a peaceful morning...




It's amazing how quiet the world is just as the sun is rising over the snowy mountain...



...and how dark everything is!



A few years ago, I saw a photograph in a national magazine of some crazy Vermonter skiing through a few inches of fresh snow covered in fallen leaves.



Well, I guess it doesn't seem that crazy :)



The combination of early morning crust and foliage makes for an auditory delight as you glide along...



...and lots of yummy crunchy snow for Vespi to eat as she runs along...



Holy Shit! I just realized that my bindings fit Bob Gibson's "White World" lyrics perfectly - fly like an EAGLE!



A skin in the sunrise :) Perfect!



To all my lift bound Killington friends - enjoy the merriment of Opening Day!! I'll see you guys for the first official apres-ski to celebrate :)



May You Find the Spirit of the Mountains Within You,
FemaleSkiBum :)

Comments