Pitch Black Powder

4:15am
I can't sleep
I punch my pillow and roll over onto my stomach in hopes of getting a few more hours of sleep before heading down to the shop.



4:45am
I give up.
I grab my pack, my dog and my skins and head out to the mountain.
5:00am
We get the first spot at the K1.
Victory!!
5:45am
Amidst the pitch black darkness and fresh snow, we arrive at the top of Skye Peak.
With dawn still far into the future, we continue to Killington Peak.
6:15am
It is still pitch black.
But there is still only one set of tracks on perfectly untracked snow: ours
6:45am
We arrive at our destination, partake of our puppy treats and remove our skins.
And treated ourseves to a field of freshies...and another...and another...and another...
We did try to share.
But we took it all!!
May You Find the Spirit of the Mountains Within You,
FemaleSkiBum & Vespi

Comments

Popular Posts