A Pedestrian's View of the Access Road

My five mile walk down the Killington Access Road to work this morning :)






The BF has the car for a gig in Maine, so it was foot powered travel for us this weekend.





I didn't mind, except that having to walk against traffic meant that everyone was making eye contact with me. That's just super creepy. Don't get me wrong, I Am glad they noticed me rather than running us over, but learned from teaching skiing that people go where they look...so please stop looking at us!!





Anyway, the goal today was to find the beauty along the Access Road. I think I will have to walk to work more frequently because there must be more interesting things than I was noticing :( there just has to be





Vespi had a great time though. There were so many new sniffs along the sidewalk, dogs to meet, tourists out for their morning strolls...all very new and exciting.





I think I would still rather walk in the woods, but this was a nice challenge.





And honestly, working all these doubles makes it really difficult to get motivated to get outside. So having to walk to work was a great way to force Vespi and I to get some outside time.





Actually, writing this blog every day has motivated me to get outside on some days that I really really would much rather have slept in. But instead of enjoying my nice, warm comfy sleeping bag I had to go out and take freakin pictures in the pouring cold rain.





And then I get out there, into the outside and walk until I am happy. I find the spirit of the mountains within myself. And life is wonderful again.





May You Find the Spirit of the Mountains Within You,
FemaleSkiBum :)

Location:Killington Access Road, Killington, VT

Comments