It's not cold enough.

Getting really tired of waiting for winter to come...






Today is just one of those days. The end of foliage gets so difficult around here. The rain comes in and starts blowing the leaves off the trees. It's beginning to look a lot like twig season. It's beginning to look a lot like snow making season.

It's not cold enough.

I could come up with so many excuses as to why I am feeling fat and lazy today. Even my pilates reformer work this morning didn't leave me high enough to get through the day. Blaming the rain and the ten pounds I have put on since Irene is just pathetic. I know why I am sad.

It's not cold enough.

Fifteen years ago we might have been skiing this weekend. The snowmakers would have done their test blow Monday morning of Columbus Day Weekend to get all the weekenders psyched up. We would be getting our skis waxed up for opening day.

It's not cold enough.

It's pouring rain. Neither the tourists nor the weekenders are coming up to town this weekend. There is no traffic on the Access Road. The Pickle Barrel cancelled Saturday night's show.

It's not cold enough.

And there is still no telling when the snowmakers will begin. I keep opening up boxes of skis & boots & gear & hats at the shop...but there is still no snow in which to wear them.

It's not cold enough.

Mother Nature, I implore you: May it please snow sometime soon. We have all struggled so much these past six weeks. We all just need a little powder day to make everything all right :)

May You Find the Spirit of the Mountains Within You,
FemaleSkiBum :)

Location:Killington,United States

Comments