10 May 2011

I cannot believe how absolutely fantastic the skiing has been! Superstar is like the dreamiest I have seen it in a long time. Skiing down today I could not peel the amazed smile off of my face.

It was so nice...I had to do it twice!



Baby Fiddleheads are starting to poke up through last summer's dead. Pretty soon Lower Skye Lark will be full of fiddleheads (and snakes!)



Remarkably, even Skye Hawk has almost top to bottom coverage. Granted, this was definately more maneuvering than skiing, but it was still pretty awesome to ski Skye Hawk on May 10th!!

After lunch, I met up with a couple local girls and we headed up to Superstar. What I thought was fantastic this morning, was doubly so this afternoon. Top to bottom and super thick!


Jill found this sign just laying in the dead leaves, at the entrance to SkyeBits! Seriously, one of the best finds I have ever come across!

After maneuvering across some rotted out snow bridges (it's always that third person), our group of all local female skiers arrived at the summit of Skye to some absolutely gorgeous - and unbelievably windy weather. I really had no idea how nice the cloud coverage was until I looked at this picture. Obviously, I was a little tired right as we were reaching the summit and I grabbed my camera out of my hip belt.


But what a wonderful way to spend the afternoon. In fact, I saw about sixteen skiers, three snowboarders, four dogs & two mountin bikers while I was skiing today. Great turnout everybody :)


See you in the Woods,
FemaleSkiBum :)

Location:Skye Peak, Killington, VT

Comments